Castell y Rhyngill, or Sergeants Castle derives its name from a small fort, its ruins found on Castell y Rhyngill farm which still exists.
There once was a Toll Gate at the junction of Llandeilo Road and Gate Road which was occupied up until the 1970's. It was demolished to make way for improvements to the entrance of Gate Road, hence the name,"Gate Road".
The Hall is on land that was given to the local Community in the 1950’s and there has been a Committee running events ever since. The maximum capacity is 50 for a sit down meal with tables and 80 for a concert,
The Hall is available for hire, 7 days a week, 0900 to 2200
Hire charge for the hall, £15 per day or night
We are a registered Charity, No.524011
For booking and general enquiries contact our Chairperson: Colette Donovan-Bowen on
From CrossHands roundabout take the LLandeilo Road A476, passing through Gorslas towards LLandeilo take the first right after Texaco filling station towards Penygroes, Hall is on the right.